I’m delighted to be back at Content Marketing World this fall, presenting a half-day Content Strategy 101 workshop. It’s not a lot of time to cover this big topic—but we’re going to dive in as deep as we can.
Here’s the official description:
The demands of today’s marketplace require that every facet of your customer communications must be top-notch, attention-getting and targeted — the right content at the right time, in the right format, to the right audience. Content cannot be an afterthought. It has to be carefully crafted, from audience understanding to messaging to creation to execution.
This workshop will take you through the nuts and bolts of content strategy — both the mindset and the toolbox. You’ll learn:
- How content strategy tools help you better understand your audience
- How to identify the right people to create and manage content
- The tools you need to analyze your content
- How to get rid of ROT [Redundant, outdated, trivial content]
- Why and how to create effective governance processes
- How to get management on board
Whew! Plus we’ll talk about resources that you can use for more study and information after the workshop.
If you’re interested in learning about content strategy, this workshop is a great place to begin. It will enhance your marketing or product development and management work, and help you see how to create content that works.